So last year I met Claire in Madrid and she got me all excited about meeting her and then she up and left to England. Turns out there's a lot to learn from her.
She was "banging on" about the book The Help with my other friend Jenn (who hasn't and isn't allowed to move) and when I finally started reading it a year later I couldn't put it down and read it in 3 days. One of the best all time books I've read.
She was also "banging on" about what kind of rain coat to wear for dropping her kids off at school and I was thinking it probably really doesn't matter... that was until recently when I've been driving by the school next to David's daycare.
I mean seriously, these ladies look like they've sat in hair and makeup for 3 hours before dropping their kids off. They dress like they wouldn't look out of place at an expensive coctail bar. So next year I too will be scowering the internet for branded outfits for start of school.
So I'm racking my brain with what other useful stuff she used to say so I am better prepared for life. I vaguely remember something to the tune of "I can' wait to hear how you guys are in a years time with 2 kids." I gotta say, that now has me worried :)
Claire you are like my wise little yoda.
No comments:
Post a Comment