And yes I've been on the receiving end of all of them.
"Wow you've gained weight all around, not just on your stomach." Seriously?
"You're only 6 months pregnant?? Wow you're big!" Yes. I'm pregnant. What's your excuse?
"Hey fatty." Ok you are pretending that you are saying this as a joke but your face tells me your are enjoying your joke a little too much. Nice beer gut by the way.
"You'd better breastfeed, it's best for the baby." No shit. Some of us have a hard time with it, worry about it and feel bad about it already. Thanks for bringing that to the forefront of my mind though.
"Oooooooh you're firstborn is going to be soooo jealous and have a really bad time when the new one comes." I want the best for all my kids, this does not make me feel good. Thanks for that.
"Having two kids is more like having three kids." Ok, not something you told me when you repeatedly asked me when I was having my second. Plus you are successfully freaking my husband out.
Summary: Seriously people use your common sense.
Ah, it felt good to write that all down.
xoxo
Man, people seriously suck! Love the list.
ReplyDelete