The above implies that I will write a daily update - this is unlikely bearing in mind I have a 1 year old and have just moved countries, but thought it was a good title anyway.
First day in Madrid was FAB! Everything has exceeded expectation.
What I thought --- VS --- What we got
A studio apartment --- Lovely large 1 bedroom with kitchen, livingroom and bedroom!
Nowhere for David to play --- A huge park 50 meters away with loads of different childrens play areas.
A LONG 4 hour flight --- David was an angel the whole way as where the 2 guys behind us who played with him for 4 hours.
I also thought Spanish women aren't too fond of Swedish blonde girls (or maybe I'm old enough to call myself lady now? nope not a chance.), turns out they love one year old blonde boys. David to the rescue again.
Madrid is beautiful - it has awesome architechture like Stockholm and the hugeness (can't think of the right word) of London. We drove through copies of Leicester Square and Marble arch and saw every retail outlet I could dream of - Starbucks* (I missed you), H&M, Oscar de la Renta... but that was nothing until Mike showed me some shopping malls. oh - my - god.
* I missed you but Spanish coffees are better.
Plus we visited a rather LARGE supermarket, I became quite overwhelmed, got the shopping sweats and we forgot half of the stuff we went for. In the supermarket you could buy everything from TVs to baby buggies to new car tyres... good stuff too, not crap. So cool. As a self confessed shop aholic this will be my greatest challenge as well as my greatest adventure.
Madrid downsides:
Tap water isn't really drinkable.
I'll take that downside.
Love, the Ms
Wow - sounds like it is all going fantastic! It sounds like you might just skip right over the typical difficult adjustment phase.
ReplyDeleteAll those shops right near by sounds a little dangerous. Maybe you are going to need to rent an extra storage unit to support your habit. :)
I miss you already!